Eden Park is going to be packed out this Saturday night, 2 July 2022, when the All Blacks take on Ireland in the opening match of the Steinlager series.
Please read the important information below to help you plan your evening.
If you selected “Mobile” as your delivery method and still haven’t downloaded your tickets, please log into your Ticketmaster account to download to your device so you are ready to scan at the venue. Please ensure you do this prior to arriving at the venue to avoid any delays. Please follow this link to find out more about mobile tickets and how to use them.
ENTRY TO THE GROUND
For this match, you can enter through the following gates:
• Gate A: Sections 204 – 206, 333 – 337, 401 – 407
• Gate D: Sections 301 – 303, 307 – 310, 408 – 415
• Gate E: Sections 304 – 306, 311 – 320, 416 – 420, 629 – 636
• Gate H: Sections 201 – 203, 321 – 332. 430 – 434, 637 – 644
• Gates open at 5:00pm – get to the grounds before 5:30pm to soak up the atmosphere and avoid queuing. Don’t miss a minute of the action.
• All Blacks v Ireland kicks off at 7.05pm. With Eden Park at full capacity, we recommend planning your journey to allow plenty of time to get through security, scan your tickets and find your seats.
• Parking restrictions apply to the Park itself and to streets in the immediate area. We encourage the use of public transport.
• Travel on trains, special event buses or Auckland Metro services from 3pm until the end of the service is included with your match ticket. For full details about public transport, click HERE.
• When you get to the ground, ensure you have your officially purchased tickets with barcodes ready to scan. If you have any queries, please head to your nearest box office for further information.
• Gate-specific entry applies for this capacity event. Check your ticket for the gate as entry will only be permitted via the stated gate. Please go to edenpark.co.nz to confirm gate locations.
• Once you are inside the ground, get your official All Blacks gear at merchandise outlets at Gate A, E or H.
• Eden Park is now fully cashless. Faster, safer and easier this means less time waiting in line and more time enjoying the All Blacks!
CHECK YOUR TICKET TYPE
If you have a child’s ticket but appear to be over the age of 14, you will be asked for photo ID at the ground. You will also need to show ID for student or senior tickets. If you think you have bought the wrong ticket type, please call us on 0800 111 999. Alternatively, you will be asked to upgrade your ticket at the box office.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
1. The original Ticket Holder is responsible for knowing the contact details of anyone they provide a ticket to (including their full name, contact email and contact phone number). In the event that a Ticket Holder is contacted directly by the Ministry of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, they must make these details available to the Ministry of Health for that purpose.
2. All Ticket Holders must commit to stopping the spread of COVID-19. Ticket Holders may not, and the original Ticket Holder is responsible for ensuring that neither they, nor anyone they provide a ticket to, do not attend the Match if they have COVID-19, if they are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, if they are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test, if they are subject to the isolation period as stipulated by the Government or if they are feeling unwell.
3. If Ticket Holders are not permitted to attend the Match or the Match is cancelled as a consequence of COVID-19 restrictions, NZR will set up an adequate and proportionate refund process, which will be facilitated by NZR’s official appointed ticketing agent for the Match.
4. In addition, if a Ticket Holder is currently sick with COVID-19 or feeling unwell and has been tested for COVID-19 a request for a refund can be made prior to the Match by contacting NZR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Note: refunds will only be provided to the original Ticket Holder who purchased through official channels (i.e. direct from NZR or from NZR’s appointed ticketing agent, official corporate hospitality agent and official travel agents). NZR will only be responsible for refund of the ticket price (including NZR’s ticketing agent’s fees and charges) and will not be liable to the Ticket Holder or any other person for any other cost, expense or loss including, for example, any associated travel and accommodation costs.
On road mobility parking is available on Cricket Avenue from 4:00pm for those displaying a current mobility card. The best access is from Dominion Road, into Walters Road, and then left into Cricket Avenue. Wheelchair access to the venue is available at:
• Gate C: Sections 402 – 414
• Gate D: Sections 307 – 309
• Gate E: Sections 311 – 325
Valid match tickets are required to access these parking spaces and entry points.
This is a non-smoking and non-vaping venue. Patrons are asked to exit the ground when wishing to smoke or vape.
You can leave the ground and re-enter by being scanned out, but you will be subject to the same security checks on the way back in.
'Txt help' and your message to 266 on game day if you have any general questions or require assistance.
If you intend to bring a team supporters flag to the match these must meet the conditions of entry. Flags and banners that may be considered too large, or that contain profanity or messages that could be deemed offensive, will be approved at the sole discretion of Event Management Staff.
Please note flags can not be hung over any commercial signage and must not exceed a flag pole size of 1.5m. Please follow the directions of Event Management Staff.
We hope you enjoy the game and thanks for your support. We look forward to seeing you at the match and hearing you cheering in the stands.
Go The All Blacks!